GoLocal’s People on the Move is an update on hiring and promotions in southern New England. If your organization has an announcement, email it to us [email protected].
View larger +
NAIL further expands team with new project manager
NAIL Communications, an award-winning creative agency, is adding Susan Hasten as project lead, according to partner Jeanette Palmer. Hasten will work on the Lifespan, IGT and Preservation Society of Newport accounts, among others, in addition to the agency’s process development and customer service initiatives.
GET THE LATEST NEWS HERE – SIGN UP FOR THE FREE GLOCAL DAILY EBLAST
“We are thrilled to have Susan as a permanent addition to NAIL,” said Palmer. “Her deep expertise and strategic approach to brand building have made her an invaluable asset to our clients and account team.”
Prior to joining NAIL, Hasten ran her own practice as an independent marketing consultant, specializing in marketing strategies for non-profit organizations. Her entrepreneurial spirit has remained consistent throughout her career as she built and ran a successful creative firm, Hasten Design Studio, in Washington, DC for nearly two decades. Additionally, Hasten was Senior Leader/Group Account Director at RP3 Agency in Washington, DC and served as Vice President at Brunnerworks (formerly AXIS Communications), where she led a team that developed award-winning branding initiatives for the agency’s clients.
Hasten graduated from George Washington University where she received her BA in journalism.
“I am thrilled to be part of the smart, talented and incredibly welcoming NAIL team. They are the best in the business and it’s exciting to work with them every day,” said Hasten.
View larger +
Fellowship-trained surgeon joining Brown Surgical Associates’ Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
Brown Surgical Associates announced today that it has welcomed fellow surgeon Katherine P. MacCallum, MD, to the practice’s Vascular and Endovascular Surgery Department.
MacCallum’s professional interests span the entirety of vascular surgery with a particular focus on critical limb ischemia and limb salvage, surgical training and the vascular sequelae of diabetes.
“Our mission at Brown Surgical Associates is to provide world-class surgical care to the people of Rhode Island, southeastern Massachusetts and beyond,” said Dr. William Cioffi, President of Brown Surgical Associates. “The addition of a fellowship-trained surgeon like Dr. MacCallum will ensure that we fulfill this mission.”
MacCallum received her medical degree from St. George’s University in Grenada, WI. She then completed her residency training at Montefiore Medical Center and Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and her fellowships in vascular surgery at Medstar Washington Hospital Center and Georgetown University. A native of New England, MacCallum looks forward to bringing her practice back to the North East.
“When I heard about the opportunity to join the Vascular Surgery Division at Brown Surgical Associates, I immediately jumped at it. As a New Englander by birth and raising, I really wanted to be closer to my family and serve the people of Rhode Island,” said MacCallum. “There is a great need for excellent vascular care that is accessible and close to home. I hope that by beginning my practice in this community I can help provide that for both Providence and the surrounding communities.”
MacCallum now treats patients at 2 Dudley Street, Suite 470 in Providence, RI and at Smithfield, 900 Douglas Pike. She can be reached at 401-553-8325.
View larger +
The RI Hospitality Association (RIHA) is pleased to announce that Providence resident Katie Kleyla has been appointed Events and Marketing Manager.
In her role, Kleyla is tasked with managing the day-to-day planning and execution of all RIHA and RI Hospitality Education Foundation (RIHEF) events, conferences, training opportunities and more; creating and communicating RIHA’s and RIHEF’s internal and member-facing messages; development of the association’s social media presence; Collaborate with all employees to contribute to brand development, agenda development and more.
“Katie has proven to be a valuable member of our team and an excellent resource for her colleagues and our members,” said Dale J. Venturini, President/CEO of RIHA. “She has been integral to the execution of our mission and has done a great job throughout the year, coordinating each of our myriad events while also spreading our message and helping to shine a spotlight on everything we do for the industry here to move RIHA.”
Before joining RIHA, Kleyla served as Director of Events and Marketing at Gracie’s in Providence; as a freelance marketing and event consultant; and in 2010 she became the youngest councilor ever elected in the City of East Providence and served as councilor for Ward 1 until 2012. Most recently she was director of private events and marketing for The Statesman Tavern in Bristol, Rhode Island.
Kleyla received a bachelor’s degree in music from the University of Rhode Island in 2009. Outside of work, Kleyla is also a professional singer and performs with a variety of ensembles in the area, including The New Providence Big Band and The Kleyla Family Band.
View larger +
dr Kevin Martins joins the YMCA of Pawtucket Board of Directors
The Pawtucket YMCA is pleased to announce Dr. To welcome Kevin K. Martins to its Board of Directors effective June 2022. dr Martins is an educator, activist and thought leader dedicated to inclusion and justice who will be an invaluable resource in advancing the Y Mission.
“We are pleased to welcome Kevin to our 2022 board,” said Charlie Clifford, CEO of the Pawtucket YMCA. “His passion for community development and activism speaks for itself, and his extensive experience in education will be a great asset as we seek to expand our enrichment and mentoring opportunities.”
dr Martins is currently Associate Vice President for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Bryant University. He sits on the Pawtucket Mayor’s Council and works to connect community engagement with city government. He is also co-founder and chair of the Shea Alumni Association, a group focused on supporting current high school students through programming and college scholarships. As an advocate for mentoring, Dr. Martins works closely with Brothers On a New Direction (BOND), an organization for young people of color focused on the values of brotherhood, leadership, service, responsibility and mentoring.
At the University of Rhode Island, Dr. Martins holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and a Master of Science in Business Administration. He also has a PhD in Educational Leadership from Johnson & Wales University. dr Martins is married and the proud father of three children.
To learn more about dr. Martins or the Pawtucket YMCA, please contact Jennifer Almeida at 831.6123.
- People on the Move: Trinity appoints new Executive Director and Engel & Völkers expands team
- People on the Move: OceanPoint Adds Farmer, RPL Adds Senior Agent, and NAIL Continues to Grow
- People on the move: Botelho joins BankRI and Kleinman leaves RISD for Brown
- People on the Move: Duffy & Sweeney add two federally wanted candidates for top conservation position
- People on the Move: Cuervo adds another, Nail continues to expand his team
- People on the Move: Nail Adds Senior Strategist, Mott & Chace Adds Top Agent Cullion
- People on the Move: New top lender at BankNewport, Master Brewer Luke moves to Ragged Island
- People on the Move: WaterFire Board Changes, JWU Vice Chancellor Appointed to NE Higher Ed Commission
- People on the Move: New Leaders at Veterinary Organization, RI Food Dealers and RISE
- People on the Move: RISD’s Architecture Head goes to London, Culinary Director in the Park
- People on the move: Ranglin appointed head of RIBBA and BankRI
- People on the Move: New Steere House boss, RP appoints new agent, NAIL adds another
- People on the move: Shallcross appointed CEO of Amica
- People on the move: Sweeney rises at People’s Credit Union, residential real estate adds Wilson
- People on the Move: Home Loan Appoints Two Senior Vice Presidents, BVP Appoints New CEO and Superintendent
- People on the Move: Major Announcements at Neighborhood, RICADV and NAIL
- People on the Move: Allain Rises, Chhay Elects RIHEBC Board Chairman and more
- People on the move: Rogers becomes Managing Partner at Hinckley Allen
- People on the Move: Cavanagh, Tassoni and Gilchrist have new slots
- People on the move: Neighborhood Health Plan names husband and Carlson in top positions
- People on the move: Bruun new permanent CEO at KVH
- People on the move: Pimental strengthens Engel & Völkers, new board members for Meals on Wheels
- People on the Move: New Appointments at BankNewport, CCRI Appoints VP and More
- People on the Move: McCormack Named Chair of RI Arts Council, DesignxRI Appointed New Leader, and More
- People on the Move: New additions to Brown Surgical, NAIL, YMCA of Pawtucket and RI Hospitality
- People on the move: McKee, new CEO of RI Free Clinic, makes two appointments
- People on the Move: New Bank President, Providence City Hall Appointments and More
Do you like this post? Share it with others.